Hi everyone,
I just thought that since I started a blog I might as well use in addition to the required blogs that I did about my experience using technology. As I mentioned before the internet is very slow here! I spend a lot of time waiting for things to load before I can actually complete the assignments.
But I wanted to let everyone know that I've having a fantastic time here in Ireland! We got here last Monday and it was the first day of Puck Fair. It is one of Ireland's oldest festivals that still happens every year. It is always August 10th, 11th, and 12th no matter what days they fall on. It is basically an excuse to drink during the day, all day, all night, buy stupid things you don't need, and eat a lot of food! They catch a wild goat and they put it high up on this stand for the 3 days and there is a parade and all...It's a great time! The whole town shuts down for the 3 days and the only places that are open are the pubs! There are a couple shops open early during the day but they close at around 3 in the afternoon! I was definitely hurting every morning!
We also celebrated my mother-in-laws 60th b-day yesterday. All her sisters, brothers, and their children have come over from London and me and Alan over from Boston. We went out to dinner last night, about 30 of us, and then went downstairs to the pub and had drinks and danced, and as they say here "had a sing-song." The pub normally closes at 12:30 however, we were allowed after-hours and stayed until about 2. We had a great time!
Today is what they call Super Sunday. Again, just another excuse to start drinking early and stay out late! There are soccer games or as they say "football." We are watching the first game here at my brother-in-laws house. It's Manchester United vs Birmingham. Man U is winning 1-0 at the moment. The second game starts at 3:30 and we will be out at the pub for this game and then drinking all night...good thing I have all my work done! (I hope I didn't miss anything!)
I hope tomorrow will be a quiet day as I'm sure I won't be feeling my best :) Thanks for reading!
Kristin
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment